Approved Carry-in Items:
- Binoculars, scanners, headsets, personal cameras and seat cushions are allowed.
- Seat cushion bags with compartments may be inspected on an individual basis.
- Strollers will be permitted into the Pit Areas, Food Court and the Manufacturer Midway, but will not be allowed into the grandstand seating areas. Texas Motorplex will not assume any responsibility for strollers left unattended.
- Flags are acceptable, provided they are not attached to poles and they do not obstruct other fans’ viewing of racing activities. No flag poles of any type will be allowed. Small nationality flags attached to a pencil sized diameter wooden stick will be allowed.
- All bags, purses, backpacks and items brought through the Main Spectator gate will be subject to inspection.
The following items may not enter the admission gates:
- Firearms, weapons of any kind, fireworks, and items restricted by Local, State or Federal laws.
- Any outside food, drink or alcohol will not be allowed in the facility
- Coolers, thermoses, freezer/ice packets and cups of any size.
- Umbrellas, wagons, inline skates, skateboards, bicycles, scooters (motorized and/or manual), etc
- Glass, aluminum and metal containers.
- Pets (excluding properly identified ADA escorts).
- None of the above restricted items may be left in or around the gate area. Please return items to your vehicle. Any items left at the gates will be discarded. Texas Motorplex reserves the right to refuse entry of any item deemed inappropriate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can spectators bring in food, beverage, or coolers?
A: No. Outside food or drink is not allowed. Visitors can go to their cars during the event if they get a hand stamp to re-enter the facility.
Q: Can video recorders and cameras be brought in?
Q: Do we have ATM machines?
A: Yes, there are six locations in the pit side food court and one on the spectator side food court.
Q: Do we have handicapped and disabled parking and are we ADA accessible?
A: Yes, handicap parking is located in the main spectator parking lot. A person must have a handicap tag or hang down tag to park there. There are signs directing spectators where certain parking areas are located. (Refer to your facility map for locations). We have handicap seating on the spectator and the pit side. Both pit and spectator sides are wheelchair accessible. Also, we have golf carts for ADA assistance. They will transport spectators from the inside main gate to areas specified inside the facility and back. The ADA drivers will be taking a route during the event and will be armed with radios for communication. If a spectator needs handicap transportation simply contact a driver or a Motorplex staffer with a radio to call them and direct them to go to one of the ADA pick up points.
Q: What about oversized vehicles?
A: Daytime/overnight parking (18-wheelers, etc) will NOT be allowed in the spectator lot.
Q: Can we park our Motorhome in the spectator parking lot?
A: Yes, motor homes will be parked at the far east of the main lot but will not be allowed to stay overnight. There is a roped off area for motor homes only. No big rigs allowed.
Q: Can racers park their motor homes in the pit area?
A: Racers will be allowed one pit space. Park accordingly. Pro driver RVs and motorhomes will be parked in a designated area.
Q: Are vendors allowed to park their motor homes in the pit?
A: No, however, they can stay in the campground at no charge. They need to arrange with Texas Motorplex Food Services to receive a pass for the campground area.
Q: When can racers park in their pit area?
A: Race teams can start parking in the pit area for the AAA Texas NHRA Fall Nationals on the Wednesday of the event between 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Q: Are there hook ups in the campground?
A: No. There aren’t hookups. Each vehicle must be self-contained to stay in the campground. Water is available for tank refill and there will be holding tank pump trucks going through the campground. Tents are allowed.
Q: Do you rent golf carts?
A: No. Golf carts are not available to rent at the track. Spectators are not allowed to use wheeled vehicles (i.e. golf carts, mopeds, four wheelers, skateboards, bicycles, etc.) inside the facility. Motorized wheelchairs are OK. Racers or participants must register their vehicles with NHRA to use them inside the pit area and must have the proper sticker.
Q: Do you have a First Aid Station?
A: Yes, Texas Motorplex sets up a first aid station trailer next to the concession offices on the spectator side, and on the pit side behind the souvenir building.
Q: Is there a Lost and Found?
A: Yes, located at Texas Motorplex front offices.
Q: Do you sell alcohol?
A: Yes, beer will be sold on spectator and pit sides of the track, and in Champion’s Club. Beer can be taken into any of the north or south grandstands (including the Super Seats) and the Finish Line seats, but may not be carried outside of the licensed premises. Alcohol cannot be taken into the pit area. There are signs and personnel to indicate the area that alcohol may not be carried into.
Q: If parents have a ticket for the suites, can they bring their children without a ticket?
A: No. Each person in the suite must hold a ticket, regardless of age. Suite tickets must be obtained from the suite owners.
Q: Are pets allowed?
A: No. Pets are not allowed.
Q: Do we have food coupons?
A: No. We don’t use food coupons anymore.
Q: What happens if there is rain during the event?
A: All efforts will be made to complete the events on the scheduled dates. If weather changes this schedule, it will be announced and posted on the Texas Motorplex website. We recommend all spectators get on our e-mail list and hold onto their ticket or ticket stub.
Q: Does Texas Motorplex donate items/tickets for fundraising opportunities?
A: Texas Motorplex can donate items or tickets for fundraising opportunities. To request a donation please download and
fill out this form and follow the directions included on the form for submission.
For more information call 1-800-Motorplex